Repeatable, reboot resilient windows environment installations made easy using Chocolatey packages
Windows environment creation made easy!
- 100% Unattended Install with pending reboot detection and automatic logon.
- Remote machine deployments
- Integrates with Hyper-V and Windows Azure VMs supporting checkpoint restore and creation
- Installation packages build on top of Chocolatey Nuget package management
- Easily install with just a Gist and the Boxstarter Web Launcher or create a private repo on a Thumb drive or network share
- Works on Window 7/2008 R2 and up with Powershell 2.0 and higher
- Lots of Windows configuration utilities including installing critical updates, changing windows explorer options, and more.
Quickly Load up your favorite apps and settings on any machine with a gist! No preinstalled software needed
Grab your GistLaunch the Boxstrter launcher
Easily package installation scripts and resources in a Nuget package
A simple Hello World
Install on another machine
Set-Content (Join-Path $Boxstarter.LocalRepo "HelloWorld\Tools\ChocolateyInstall.ps1") `
-Value "Write-Host `"Hello World! from `$env:COMPUTERNAME`";CINST Git" -Force
Install-BoxstarterPackage -ComputerName win7 `
-Package HelloWorld -Credential $creds
NOTE: Powerhell Remoting must be enabled on the remote machine. Launch a Powershell Console as administrator: