Error trying to Install the Boxstarter.Azure module

May 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Hi,

I'm new to Boxstarter and am trying to get it working with some Azure VM's, however when I execute the "CINST Boxstarter.Azure" command I receive the following error:

_Chocolatey (v0.9.8.23) is installing 'Boxstarter.Azure' and dependencies. By installing you accept the license for 'Boxstarter.Azure' and each dependency you are installing.
______ Boxstarter.Azure v2.4.15 ______
Import-Module : The specified module 'Azure' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.
At C:\Users\Marcus\AppData\Roaming\Boxstarter\Boxstarter.Azure\boxstarter.Azure.psm1:13 char:5
  • Import-Module Azure -global
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (Azure:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand
When checking the module directory there are a number of powershell files there for azure and other things.

Any further Azure related commands from within Boxstarter fails.

I have PowerShell (v4) Azure commandlets installed and working on my machine. I'm running Windows 8.1

Any suggestions?

Marcus
May 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Sorted it, had to add the below line into the top of the C:\Users\Marcus\AppData\Roaming\Boxstarter\Boxstarter.Azure\BoxStarter.Azure.psm1 file and that fixed the issues straight away.

$env:PSModulePath=$env:PSModulePath+";"+"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Azure\PowerShell"
Marked as answer by marcusdempsey on 5/8/2014 at 6:37 AM
Coordinator
May 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM
There is a pending bug fix release that addresses this too. Sorry for the trouble.

Sent from my Windows Phone